Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mini Road Trip

Today started out as a regular day here at the Noyes house. We got up, I made breakfast, the kids ate I cleaned the kids made messes. I yawned and realized it's half way throught spring break and we haven't done anything exciting. So I told the kids to hurry and get on some nice walking shoes, we were going on an adventure. A half an hour later we were all in the Suburban headed to who knows where. I had picked up the boy's friend Chase and asked his Mom if needed to be back a specific time. She said no so away we went. Every turn was navigated by the kids saying turn that way or this way. Slowly we wound our way through Ephrata where we stopped and grabbed some to go picnic lunch to eat later down the road. Eventually we were winding along side Soap Lake and stopped at Dry Falls visitor center. The kids were having a blast and learning a lot! A little while later the kids had pointed out a nice "picnic" spot next to the lake. We all got out and tried to eat on a blanket but it was really windy so we all got back inside and finished our picnic in the car. Our adventure continued through the town of Coulee City. As soon as we were about to hit Grand Coulee I received a phone call from Chase's mom informing me that she had forgotten he had baseball practice at 5. It was 3:50. I hadn't kept track of how long it took us to get there but I told her we would hurry as fast as we could to get him back to Moses. I noticed we were a mile from the Grand Coulee Damn visitor center so I pulled in real fast let the kids jump out of the car and look around for a second. I gave them my most informative speech about the Damn then we all jumped back in the car and headed home. Chase made it to practice at 5:15 ( without me speeding I must add) So in the matter of 4 1/2 hours we managed to leave Moses Lake and return to Moses Lake with a memory that will hopefully last forever...an educational mini roadtrip.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are such a great mom, Mishelle!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Thanks Jodie. Takes one to know one :-)