Monday, May 11, 2009

15 hours in the wilderness




















Friday we went with a couple of families from our ward to venture into the potholes for a quick night of camping. It turned out to be a really fun 15 hours! Our friends, The Merril's and Kelly Hellewell and all of their kids, camped by Sarah lake. It was beautiful! Chuck Merrill broke out the dutch oven and cooked a yummy dinner of Creamed chicken and scalloped potatoes. Then we had smores. Chuck entertained us with a bedtime story then it was off to bed. The girls and I stayed in the Suburban and the boys stayed in the tent. Savannah did not like camping in the car at all! She wanted her bed. So it was a loooooong night! And cold! But it was all forgotten when we woke up and had a pancake and bacon breakfast by the beautiful lake! It was great fun! Here are some pics:

5 comments:

Jodie said...

You are a brave woman! The pic of you and Savannah is beautiful! Glad that ya'll had fun!

AOlson said...

Brave indeed. Let's just say that camping is NOT my thing and unfortuneately your brother LOVES to camp. Darn Boy Scouts! Looks like you had tons of fun. Missed you yesterday!!

Cox Family News said...

Camping in Tents is for BOYS! Girls need more modern facilities! I know a really nice camp trailer for sale (blink, blink) The pictures are so cute.
Love, Mom

ab5cgang said...

So I know I already commented on facebook but I just love Kelly. I owe him so much. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about him some times. What a small world. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a lot of fun. Well other than the no sleep thing. I love my sleep. But totally remember camping with babies. :)

a noyesy family said...

you guys look like you had sooo much fun!! I can't wait to go camping, I love the potholes.. so maybe we can all go spend a day out there when we come down for the summer. and i still need your address so I can send the shoes and tractor.